While people move at all times of the year, spring is known as the moving season in the industry. This time of year is when more people decide to move, and the moving season continues through the summer. But why does spring mark the start of the moving season?
There are numerous reasons people decide that a spring move is what they want. These reasons include the following:
- There is an extra hour of daylight starting in the spring, meaning many people feel like they have more time to move compared to winter and fall months, when it tends to get darker sooner.
- Spring cleaning occurs during these months; many people can easily integrate their cleaning with decluttering and packing.
- For the most part, people love spring weather as it is not too hot and not too cold -- while you still have rain to deal with and the occasional late winter snow, most people prefer the spring weather for their move.
- Having your pick of moving dates is excellent for those who are moving. While spring may signal the start of the moving season, professional movers are still not booked to capacity, so you often have more freedom with the dates you choose to move.
- Spring is known as the season when many people tend to start looking for a new home. Thus, if you are selling your home, you may have a better chance of getting a buyer at the price you want before you move.
- You are not going to interfere with any of your summer plans. Many people hate moving in the summer because they have kids in activities, a summer vacation planned, and the like.
- Moving during this time is easier for parents of younger kids who are still in school during the spring since they can handle tasks while the kids are at school. However, kids being in school is one of the most significant disadvantages of moving in the spring since kids are often facing final exams and testing periods -- meaning if you are moving out of the current school system, it may be best to wait until the end of the school year.
- Many people view spring as a time of change and new beginnings. What better way to welcome change and new beginnings than moving into a new home?!
With all the reasons for a spring move, we have a few tips that can make your spring move a bit easier.
- When moving with kids who will be switching schools, consider their Spring Break as the perfect time to relocate and get them started in a new school.
- While spring cleaning, be sure to declutter and remove items you won't need to move with you.
- Still, book your move with professional movers as soon as you know you are moving for your pick of the best dates.
- Be prepared to move during wet weather; spring showers can pop up anytime.
Quality Moving & Storage will make it happen if you are ready to move this spring!
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog