One of the most popular questions we get asked when people are scheduling their moves with us is how they can make the move time faster! The good news is that you can do this easily with a little extra effort on your behalf. For those who are moving, and time is of the essence, then see if these tips are something that you can do in order to speed up the moving process!
- Pack the easier items on your own, rather than leaving these for the packers. If you can handle the clothing, books and other items, then do this. Clothing often takes quite a while to pack, so do this yourself and you could cut off a few hours from your move.
- Make sure that you bare the walls. It takes extra times for the packers to take the picture down from the wall, wrap this and pack it safely. This is something that you can easily do, and every minute you do something is one minute saved for the moving crew!
- Make sure that your mattress is bare and ready to be moved into the moving truck. Strip the sheets off, pack the pillows and the like so that the movers can come in, load this up and go.
- Take the time to disconnect all the electronics and set these aside. Not only can this save the movers time, but it also allows you to take a picture of what the wiring should be for when you move into your new home and putting these items back together.
- Are there items you don’t want the movers to touch? Then put these aside and out of sight for the movers. There is no reason to waste precious time trying to explain take this or don’t take that. Put those don’t take items in their own pile and ensure movers know these are off limits.
For those who are ready to move in the Long Island area, Quality Moving & Storage is here to make this move smooth and one that will be less stressful for you!
Tagsmoving moving company in Long Island moving tips
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog