Moving is something that most everyone has done at least once in their lifetime. And even those who move ever year or so, often are not aware of these interesting moving facts. Check them out!
1. Did you know that moving is listed as one of the top 5 most stressful events that a person can do in their lifetime?! Many health professionals rank moving right behind the death of a loved one and going through divorce.
2. How many boxes do people use when moving? This truly depends on the size of the home. However, most people move on average with 60 boxes.
3. Most people choose to move mid-month. Why is this? It could be do to many people wanting to avoid having to pay another month of rent if they are renting.
4. What is the most popular day of the week to move? Friday! This way, you have everything in your new home and can spend the weekend getting settled into this home.
5. When a person moves due to work, in most cases they are wanting to have an easier commute to work.
6. The average household moves weighs around 6,500 pounds!
7. Interesting fact: While we use bubble wrap to help protect our belongings, did you know that this was originally designed to be used as wallpaper!?
8. On average, a person will move around 11 to 12 times in their lifetime.
9. Where are people moving to? In 2018, the number one state to move into was Vermont!
What interesting moving facts! Which ones can you relate to? Remember, whether you need an in-town, out of town or even out of state move, Quality Moving & Storage has you covered!
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog