With Fall here, there is always a risk for the rain to impede your moving day. Moving in the rain is not something that anyone wants to do, however, when Mother Nature happens, you just have to roll with it. The good news is that the professional movers at Quality Moving & Storage can still handle your items in the rain. The key for this to be flawless is to make sure that you are prepared for the rain. We have a few hacks that you can use to help protect your items and help your entire move!
1. You can help your boxes to withstand the rain even better if you were to line these boxes with cheap garbage bags. You may have to cut these up to fit into the boxes better, which is fine. But, it adds a layer of protection to your items.
2. Make sure that you are prepared for the rain. This means having a rain jacket, ran boots, umbrella, and the like. There is no fun in getting super wet while moving!
3. Place down some old towels or tarps in your home for where people are walking from outside to the indoors. This is going to help keep your floors safe. You will want to do this at the home you are leaving, as well as your new home.
4. Have extra towels on hand to wipe down boxes if they have water setting on them. You will also want to ensure that you go ahead and unpack any boxes that may have gotten drenched. Boxes that become wet and then dry inside can set up a musky odor, or even mold, which can be dangerous to breathe in.
5. Make sure that the walkways are free of wet leaves that can often pose a significant hazard during the Fall. Wet leaves are almost like ice when you are walking on these in the rain, so be sure to have a broom handle to knock these leaves out of the way.
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog