Fall is almost officially here, and many people are finding that there are already some days that have that fall feeling to them. The leaves are starting to turn, there seems to be a chill in the air during the mornings, and you will find that local coffee shops have brought out the Pumpkin Spice...which for many is the official start of the Fall season!
With this being said, we have rounded up some tips that can help you with a Fall move so that this move goes a bit more smoothly for you!
1. Make sure all outdoor paths are clean from debris. Wet leaves can be a recipe for disaster when it comes to moving items, as they becoming slippery. Make sure that the leaves are cleaned from the walkways up to your home or business.
2. Prepare for different types of weather. When Fall hits it can be unseasonably warm, it can be unseasonably cool, it can warm, it can be sunny...you get the drift...whatever goes during the Fall so be prepared for all the weather conditions that you may face.
3. Have plastic or old towels to put on your floors at the doorways to protect them from dirt and rain...depending upon what the weather is that day.
4. Wear light layers! While the professional movers may be handling all the heavy lifting, you are still going to want to be comfortable. Light layers allow you to remove clothing when you get too warm, and the layers will help you stay warm should it be on the cool side during your move.
5. If you have kids, be sure that you are planning for this transition if they are in school. Most schools have started, so you may have already addressed this. If not, then be sure that you are doing all that you need to where that is concerned.
And remember, whether there is rain, frost in the morning, sun in the afternoon, wind and whatnot...Quality Moving & Storage is here for your moving needs and can get it handled no matter the weather or time of year!
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog