Moving can be a difficult process for many people. And here at Quality Moving & Storage, we understand this. Our goal is to not only get your possessions to your new location within Long Island, but also to help guide you through the moving process to make this move easier. With this being said, we have compiled some great moving tips to help guide you throughout the entire process!
1. Sort your packed boxes according to room. Through doing this, you are going to find that it will be easier to unpack those essentials upon first moving in to make your life easier. Always remember to label these boxes, and be specific with the label. For example:
a. The room the box belongs in
b. List of items in the box
c. Whether the box is breakable or not
2. Start packing early. It is best to start packing those nonessential items as soon as you know that you are moving, so you are not faced with having to pack immediately within a few days and move as well. The earlier you start the less stress you are likely to have.
3. Any breakables need to be wrapped securely to ensure that they do not break. Using paper and bubble wrap is a great start. Many people also utilize clean blankets as an extra layer of protection between glasses as well.
4. If you are moving toiletry items, be sure that these are secured to avoid these spilling and causing a huge mess. One way is to cover the tops of the bottles with saran wrap and rubber bands to ensure that if these items do leak, they will not damage the surrounding items.
5. Moving is a time for narrowing down your belongings. While you are packing have a donation pile or a pile that you plan to sell in a garage sale. Either way, downgrade on those items that you have to take with you, especially if these are items that you will not use in the future.
6. Hiring a mover, like Quality Moving & Storage, ensures that your furniture and belongings are handled with care. Though many people think they can do this on their own, we are professionals and can ensure that furniture is not scratched, dented or broken in other ways.
Though moving can be an emotional process, if you are able to lower the stress of packing and moving items, you are going to find that this can be easier. With our help, moving can become effortless!