When many people hire professional movers, this may be their first time in doing so. They are going to find that this makes the moving process so much easier. However, they are often at a loss as to what to do while the movers are there. Should they help move boxes? Should they stand back and let the pros do their job? Hiring professional movers is meant to make your move easier…so don’t stress yourself out with worrying about what you should do while the movers are at your home.
We have a few ideas for what you could do while the movers are handling your items that will ensure the entire process goes smoothly:
- Be sure that you do your work ahead of time. If you are not hiring these movers to pack everything for you (remember this is an option and can be super helpful), then be sure that the boxes are loaded, taped up and labeled.
- Before or when the movers first arrive, remove those boxes that you do not want to go on the truck. You can put these into an empty room or even in your car so that you can transport these on your own.
- Give clear directions on what items are going from the home into the moving truck. Take a few minutes when the professionals arrive to talk with them about what goes, what stays, etc. This is also a great time to ask any questions that you may have.
- If your movers have been at for a few hours, offer some refreshments for a break. This shows a level of gratitude that every pro appreciates! This does not have to be anything special…just a few bottles of water and granola/protein bars are enough.
- You don’t need to help the movers move those large objects, this is their job after all. So, if you feel as though you are in the way, find a corner to tuck yourself into. Many people even read a book, make important phone calls to their new destination, or they finish packing if they haven’t done so already.
For those who are moving soon, don’t feel as though you have to entertain your professional movers. They are there to do a job, so just let them work! For those who are looking for professional movers, be sure to reach out to Quality Moving & Storage…we can handle all your moving needs!