The movers are at your home and they are doing their thing. They are loading up boxes, furniture and everything in between. What do you do?
Believe it or not, many people wonder this. They see these pros working and getting things done, and they worry about what they should be doing. It seems wrong to simply stand there and watch while they do the hard, physical labor, but what else can you do?
Here are a few ideas:
1. While the movers are handling the heavier items, go ahead and put those boxes or items into your car that you are personally moving. This way, you are not just wasting time while they work.
2. Be present to answer any questions that the movers have. They may have a few questions about what rooms go, what items stay and the like.
3. Offer assistance if you think they may need it. However, our professionals have been doing this for years, and they are unlikely to need your help.
4. Busy yourself with some refreshments. Have some bottled water, granola bars and other small things on hand to offer to the movers…it can make a hard day of moving that much easier when energy levels are kept up!
5. Be sure that you are keeping pets and kids away from the movers so that no one is injured during the move!
When movers are there, you may be tempted to do the heavy lifting. However, remember, you hired professionals and that is our job! We are there to do the hard work and make your moving day less stressful. If you start to feel as though you are doing nothing, relish in that! That means that we are doing our jobs and your moving day is stress free.
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog