Have you moved before? When you arrived at your new location did you find that some of those fragile items were broke, cracked or completely demolished? Those who move often find that fragile items are broken. Of course, there are ways that you can avoid this. For one, you can have professionals come in and pack up these items, and they are going to have the expertise to make sure it is done right.
However, for those who are packing up on their own, for whatever reason, we have a few tips to ensure that those fragile items arrive in one piece!
1. While you can use bubble wrap, packing peanuts and other types of packing materials, which we do recommend, couple this with what you have on hand. You will find that blankets, pillows, towels and other soft items can be used in conjunction with the packing materials for even more protection.
2. Be sure that when you are packing these into the box that you are doing so in a safe area. You will be amazed at the number of fragile items that are broken when they are being packed!
3. Write fragile on the box and be sure to do this in a way that is going to be seen by your movers! While we aim to take care with every box that we move, when fragile is written on it, we ensure that it is placed in the truck in a certain location to avoid shifting while it is being moved.
4. Use the smallest box possible so that the item is fit snugly in the box. You will find that many fragile items are broken when they are packed in large boxes that allow for extra movement.
5. Do not pack too many fragile items together. When you do this, you are only increasing the chances of these items getting broken. If you do have to do this, such as with dishes, be sure that you are using enough padding in between each dish.
Packing fragile items should be done carefully, and you are going to want to ensure that you are doing this in a way to prevent them getting broken. There is nothing worse than arriving at your new home and finding a fragile item broken!