The 4th of July weekend is going to be here soon, and many people take this time to enjoy their friends and family at weekend cookouts, attending festivals and parades and the like. However, did you know that this holiday is one that sends a majority of people to the emergency room each year?! It is, and we want to make sure that everyone is taking the necessary precautions to ensure that they are not doing anything that could hurt them on this holiday. Everyone wants to have a great holiday and these safety tips are going to ensure that you do!
1. Be sure that if you are grilling you have enough space around your grill. Many times, people don’t plan for flare ups, and if the grill is too close to the home, it can actually cause a house fire.
2. If you are doing the grilling on this holiday, be sure that you are paying attention to what you do. It is easy to get third degree burns when grilling!
3. Remember pool safety, as the pool is going to be where a lot of people are going to be spending their time. Kids should always be monitored by parents!
4. Sunscreen is a must for those who are going to be outdoors throughout the day…no one wants to end up with sun poisoning.
5. Sparklers are often something that all kids play with. While they are often looked at as a firework that even small kids can play with, they can cause burns, and they can cause eye injuries. If kids are going to be using these, be sure that you talk about some safety rules beforehand to avoid accidents.
We hope that you and your family have a great 4th of July! We know that we are looking forward to this great holiday, however, we also want to ensure that you are being safe!
- home safety