The scenario: Moving day is right around the corner. You are full of excitement and nerves, but there is still an issue. This issue is that you are not really ready for the move with tons of items still left to pack and get organized. This is why professional movers recommend that you try to start packing weeks ahead of the move, so that you can give yourself plenty of time. However, one problem that many people have is that they are unsure of what they should be doing with everything that they have. That is why we have compiled a list of items that you will want to simply get rid of before moving!
- Those old coats that you no longer wear can take up a lot of room. So donate them to a shelter or a local coat drive to let someone else enjoy the warmth.
- All those CDs and DVDs that you no longer use thanks to online streaming platforms, get rid of them as they are just taking up room.
- Outdated electronics need to go! And they can often be recycled, so find a company that is willing to take these and do some good with them.
- Old clothing needs to be gone through and tossed or donated, depending upon the condition of this.
- Furniture that you no longer want needs to be sold or donated. Try to sell this in order to get a little money to help with the cost of moving, if you desire.
- Kitchenware that is just taking up space needs to go. Sadly, kitchenware is something that we all have a ton of and it makes it harder to minimize just what we are packing!
Of these six types of things, how many do you have? And consider this: how many boxes would you save yourself if you were to get rid of these items before you even start packing? That is the goal! And remember, if you need professional help with your move, Quality Moving & Storage is here to help with packing, moving and unpacking!