One of the most stressful aspects of moving is making sure that all of your belongings arrive to your new home safely. If you don’t take the necessary precautions, items such as flat-screen TVs, artwork, and large mirrors can easily become damaged or broken upon arrival.
When it comes to moving tricky items, you can always turn to the Long Island long-distance movers at Quality Moving and Storage. With over 20 years of industry experience, we know all the ins and outs of moving large, fragile items. Our BBB-accredited moving and storage company shares their essential moving tips to help you prepare for your upcoming relocation.
Professional Packing Tips for Large, Fragile Items
The long-distance moving experts at Quality Moving and Storage share some of their professional packing tips for large, fragile items:
- Quality Packing Supplies: When it comes to moving your large, fragile items, the last thing you want to do is cheap out on packing supplies.
- Fill Empty Gaps: When you are packing fragile items into boxes, be sure to fill empty gaps with newspaper or packing paper.
- Label Boxes: Taking the extra few seconds to label your fragile boxes will remind you to be extra-careful while loading and unloading.
- Moving Blankets: Use moving blankets to add an extra layer of protection to flat-screen TVs and large mirrors.
Pro Tips for Protecting Your Investment
According to Quality Moving and Storage, careful packing isn’t the only way to protect your large, fragile items during your move. Here are some other ways that you can protect your items:
- Purchase Full Valuation Coverage
- Take Inventory of Your Items
- Take Pictures of Your Items
Call Quality Moving and Storage Today to Learn About Our Long Island Moving Services
If you have an upcoming relocation in Long Island, consider reaching out to Quality Moving and Storage. With over two decades of industry experience, our residential movers in Long Island have learned a thing or two about moving large, fragile items. Call our BBB-accredited moving company today for more information about our moving services.
Subscribe to Quality Moving & Storage's Blog